Everyone knows Fort Lauderdale is a top destination for those looking to enjoy the sand and surf. From snorkeling adventures to jet ski excursions, there are plenty of ways to get out on the open water. However, there is so much more to do and see during your stay at The Link Hotel on Sunrise. If you’re looking for ways to stay outdoors while remaining on dry land, go hiking on trails in Fort Lauderdale.
A Checklist of Incredible Fort Lauderdale Trails
Whether you’re looking for a quick loop or a path that takes you through a nearby park, there are several trail options throughout Fort Lauderdale. This variety means you can try a new one every time you get bit by the hiking bug.
- Take in the beauty of Hugh Taylor Birch State Park on the Hugh Birch State Park Perimeter Loop. The 1.9-mile loop trail takes you through swamps full of mangroves and is a popular birding trail.
- Explore Fort Lauderdale on the walking tour that reaches from the Riverwalk to Las Olas. The almost 10-mile path starts on the Riverwalk and weaves its way to Las Olas Boulevard, which means you have plenty of attractions to explore along the way.
- Breathe in the ocean air by heading to the Beach Boardwalk Promenade. The 6-mile out-and-back trail is a paved path found along the coast with easy beach access.
- Spend some time at the 93-ace Holiday Park, only five minutes from the hotel, which features an almost 2-mile trail. The wheelchair-accessible, paved trail is an excellent option for those looking for an easier outing.
- Wander Broward County’s first nature center on the mile-long trail inside Secret Woods Nature Center. This urban oasis is home to mangroves filled with migratory and native wildlife and birds.
For more trail ideas, check out the state parks near Fort Lauderdale. Keep in mind there is often an entrance fee to these attractions.
Unwind in Comfort at The Link
Wherever your adventures lead you, like hiking or trying your hand at an escape room, rest easy knowing you have a relaxing place in Fort Lauderdale to call home. The Link Hotel on Sunrise has everything you need for the best experience possible while being close to top attractions and activities.
Our hotel on Sunrise Boulevard effortlessly combines affordability and comfort. We do this by bringing you accommodations with a simple yet elegant feel. You’ll have access to fantastic amenities like on-site dining and a pool. Learn more about our downtown Fort Lauderdale hotel by calling 754-701-1450.