You don’t need to purchase an expensive plane ticket to reach your perfect vacation destination. Road trips are a great way to sneak in a bit of extra fun on the way to your chosen spot. Have fun driving from Orlando to The Link Hotel on Sunrise in Fort Lauderdale, exploring the numerous attractions found on the way. Of course, don’t forget to load up on road trip snacks and queue up your favorite playlist before pulling out of the driveway.
What to Do and See on Your Florida Road Trip
It takes less than four hours to drive from Orlando to our Fort Lauderdale hotel. However, you can make this drive take a full day by checking out stops along the route. Before heading out of town, play tourist in your hometown by stopping by local museums.
- As your drive gets underway, stop by Twin Oaks Conservation Area in Kissimmee. Stretch your legs on one of the hiking trails, or simply relax soaking in the sunshine.
- Get an up-close look at native and exotic animals at Wild Florida Airboats & Gator Park. Located in Kenansville, this attraction features an alligator park and a drive-thru safari.
- Stop for a picnic lunch at Fort Drum Wildlife Management Area. This conservation area is made up of both wetlands and upland communities, and it is a great spot to do a bit of wildlife viewing.
- For a free experience, visit Busch Wildlife Sanctuary. While there is no admission fee, you are encouraged to make a donation to this Jupiter refuge and nature center.
- Make one final stop in Pompano Beach to explore the variety of things to do in this neighboring Florida town. A popular option is visiting the Pompano Beach Vishing Village.
Whatever stops you don’t make on your drive down will be waiting for you on your return journey!
Feel at Home at The Link
After making the drive from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale, there’s nothing better than lounging by the pool or unwinding in your cozy room at The Link Hotel on Sunrise. Our hotel, conveniently located at the intersection of Sunrise Bouelvard and N Federal Highway, is the perfect place to call home.
We have everything you need for the best stay possible. All rooms come with cozy bedding and lush furnishings, while the hotel features incredible amenities. Learn more about what you can expect for your stay here by calling 754-701-1450.