When you go on vacation with friends or family, you are making memories that’ll last a lifetime. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on tours or activities to make those memories during your Florida getaway. By booking your stay at The Link Hotel on Sunrise, you’ll be close to a range of free things to do in Fort Lauderdale that should be on any vacation itinerary.
The Top Free Fort Lauderdale Activities
Whether you are escaping to the Florida sunshine on your next family vacation or a getaway for two, check out these free Fort Lauderdale activities.
- Enjoy free admission to the Anne Kolb Nature Center on weekdays. This nature center, roughly 1,500 acres, is filled with native wildlife, including endangered and threatened species.
- Your visit isn’t complete without strolling along the 2.5-mile boardwalk in neighboring Hollywood. Wander in and out of local boutiques and shops, and relax at one of the three oceanfront parks.
- Go for a self-guided historical walking tour throughout Fort Lauderdale. You’ll discover fascinating points of interest around town. The best part of going on a self-guided tour is you can take your time and stop at other spots along the way.
- Be sure to stop by one of the many free art walks. On the last Saturday of the month, except for December, FATVillage takes over part of First Avenue. This art walk showcases local crafts, music, art, and food. History Fort Lauderdale has a new river open-air market, open every Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Enjoy a relaxing day at a nearby park or beach. Visit George English Park, just a short distance away from our hotel, for a picnic lunch or go for a walk along the trail. Spend a day soaking in the sunshine at Fort Lauderdale Beach.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the free amenities at our hotel, like the fitness center and large outdoor pool.
Book Your Stay at the Best Downtown Fort Lauderdale Hotel
If you’re looking for a hotel close to beaches, free activities, and entertaining nightlife, The Link Hotel on Sunrise is right for you. Offering a range of room options, our Fort Lauderdale hotel is conveniently located at the intersection of Federal Highway and Sunrise Boulevard. After a day of exploring, be sure to stop by Sunrise Bar & Grille, our on-site restaurant. Please call 754-701-1450 to learn more about our hotel.